Sif N.A.R.T. - The Official Watch of the Icelandic Coast Guard
The Sif North Atlantic Rescue Timer (N.A.R.T.) is a classicly-styled rescue watch, which is water resistent to a depth of 1000 meters, the Sif is generously proportioned at 40mm. The remarkably clean dial design and robust construction has made it a treasured possession of the fearless men and woman of the Icelandic coastguard. It has a Swiss Made Mechanical movement “Execution Top” with Automatic winding, 25 jewels, Custom decorations, Blue screws and Rhodium plated finish.
Sif N.A.R.T. VOLCANO Edition
The Sif N.A.R.T. Volcano Edition takes you on an unforgettable journey deep into the earth’s core displaying a splendid face of Icelandic lava field with red decoration lava spew on the dial. The dial is made of ash from the volcano Eyjafjallajökull. The watch also has a hand-engraved decoration of the Goddess Sif and her golden locks with 24k gold inlay on the sides of the surgical grade Stainless Steel case and comes with a Handmade black Shark leather strap with red stitching. The watch is also available without engraving.
- Swiss Made Mechanical movement “Execution Top”
- Automatic winding.
- 25 jewels, Custom decorations, Blue screws and Rhodium plated finish.
- 38-hour power reserve when fully wound.
- Fine tuning: “Assortment Chronometer”.
- Shock protection: Incabloc.
- Adjusted to five positions.
- Material: Surgical grade German Stainless Steel "316L".
- Diameter: 40mm, height 13.5mm.
- Surface finish: Brushed Steel with hand-engraved decoration and 24k gold inlay.
- High strength 4.0mm Sapphire Crystal with multi anti reflective coating on the inside.
- Solid Stainless Steel back.
- Screw down crown
- Water-resistance: 1000 meters.
- Lug width: 20mm
- Black dial made from volcanic ash with Arabic numerals and indexes.
- White Super-LumiNova material on numerals and indexes.
- Date display at six o'clock.
- JS Modernes-squelettes.
- Rhodium plated with white Super-LumiNova and Red tips and Red second hand.
- Handmade 20mm Black Shark skin with red stitching and JS Watch co. Reykjavik buckle or optional deployment clasp.
- Steel bracelet also available.
AVAILABLE STRAPS FOR THIS MODEL
North Atlantic Rescue Timer - The Official Watch of the Icelandic Coast Guard
In Nordic Mythology, Sif, Thor's wife, was a beautiful woman with hair like gold. In the Prose Edda (Snorri's Edda) one story has Loki Laufeyarson cutting off all Sif's hair as a mischievous prank. When Thor found out about this prank, he was livid and vowed to beat and break every single bone in Loki's body. To save his own skin, Loki promised that the black elves would fashion gold to grow as real hair thus replacing the hair that was lost to the prank. Thor, the God of Thunder, who was still irate at Loki's insolence, made sure that Loki make good on his promise that Sif would have her beautiful golden locks restored.
The watch is water resistent to a depth of 1000 meters and modestly proportioned at 40mm. The remarkably clean dial design and robust construction has made it a treasured possession of the fearless men and women of the Icelandic coastguard.
JS Watch co. Reykjavík has been collaborating closely with Icelands most reputable rescue team, the Icelandic Coast Guard. Designing a watch keeping aim of their difficult work that meets the quality requirements which the guard sets for all equipment it uses and relies on, the outcome is the Sif - North Atlantic Rescue Timer, a hevy duty watch with water-resistance of 1000 meters, a Swiss Made Mechanical movement “Execution Top” with Automatic winding, 25 jewels, Custom decorations, Blue screws and Rhodium plated finish.
The Icelandic Coast Guard has always named their fleet of ships and aircrafts after the Norse gods, and it was most appropriate that a French helicopter on loan from Aeérospatiale, in the years 1984-85, was given the name "Sif". Sif handled the Icelandic weather and conditions so brilliantly that the Coast Guard bought her sister helicopter, which also flew under the name "Sif". Sif, the second, was to serve the nation reliably for the next twenty-two years.
The SIF - N.A.R.T. is used with the following units within the Icelandic Coast Guard: The helicopter rescue team, pilots in helicopters and airplanes, bomb squad members and divers.